
Oh, man. Well yesterday my damn service engine light came on in the truck. I have a 2004 Nissan Titan. So, after talking to my roomate, who reccomended the garage across the street, I got off of work and headed straight there. When I got there, the place had like 30 cars sitting around. I talked to the head dude, Harry. He sent one of his guys right over with the computer thingy that tells you what's wrong. He plugged it in and nothing. Apparently, it was dead. They said to come back in about an hour. So, since I didn't wanna drive too far, I swung into 7-11 hoping they had some beer I hadn't had before and HOPEFULLY a freaking hot dog. So, I walked in went straight to the beer cooler and saw the Stella Artois. Now, I've had buddies drink this in the past, but the bottle is a little frufru (another made up word). But I just had another buddy at work tell me how he and someone else both did a 12 pack of this beer and the other guy wound up puking. So, I figured why not. I grabbed the beer, chips, and a hot dog. FINALLY! I got home popped in Ocean's 11 (the new one, cause we just watch the original the other day)
According to Wikipedia: "Stella Artois (pronounced /ˈstɛlə ɑrˈtwɑː/) is a 5% ABV (5.2% in some markets) lager first brewed in Leuven, Belgium in 1926 as a Christmas brew, and named Stella after the Latin for "star".[1]
Although Belgium is best known internationally for its ales, the so-called "table beers," the bottom-fermented pilsner lagers such as Stella Artois head the list for domestic consumption, making up almost 75% of Belgian beer production. Stella is promoted as an international brand by its brewer, AB InBev. In its home market of Belgium, however, it is marketed, priced and sold as a regular lager. Despite its success internationally, the number 1 selling beer in Belgium is its sister beer Jupiler.
Although Belgium is best known internationally for its ales, the so-called "table beers," the bottom-fermented pilsner lagers such as Stella Artois head the list for domestic consumption, making up almost 75% of Belgian beer production. Stella is promoted as an international brand by its brewer, AB InBev. In its home market of Belgium, however, it is marketed, priced and sold as a regular lager. Despite its success internationally, the number 1 selling beer in Belgium is its sister beer Jupiler.
I was thoroughly impressed with the strength of this beer. Now, I probably wouldn't reccomend it as a "sit around the house and drink" beer. But if you're out and just have time for one or two. You have to try this. I give it 8 Mason jars. It was smooth and strong.
Oh, by the way. I did go back to the shop, and the damn computer still wasn't charged. Finally, 3 hours and the rest of the beer later, I headed back and it turns out I need a new air sensor. So, Friday, my truck gets dropped off for a few hours.
I am a big fan of Stella. It is absolutely delicious if from the tap but by the bottle is pretty good too. Very smooth going down with no "beerie" after taste. (I too can make up words when needed! Haha!)
ReplyDelete