
Well, it's Friday. Ohh Yeaaahhh!! Left work a little late today, had a retirement ceremony that I had to attend. It's cool though, don't have to go back to work till Sunday morning. I decided that today was the perfect day to hit up BevMo. Needed a new BevMo card anyway. I got to BevMo and had to pick a few other things for a going away party. I think I was driving the poor guy at the store crazy. When he asked if he could help me I don't think he had any idea what he was getting into. First I thought I should get a bottle of wine for the party. Being the consumate hick that I am, I certainly needed help with that one. He reccommended a zinfandel that would taste like a $15 bottle, but only cost $7. Oh yeah I said, that'll work. Then I needed some bottles out of the liquour cabinets. First was a bottle of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel. Then to the next cabinet for 2 bottles of Hennesy. (They're for the aforementioned retirement) Then of course I had to ask his opinion on my beer of the day. Well, I already knew today's was Arrogant Bastard, but more so for tommorow. He said to try Peroni, which I will tommorow. Anyway, I also picked up a case of Sierra Nevada at my roomate's request, and of course, a 30pack of Bud Light. I got to the counter and the gentlemen asked, "Having a party?" I said, not particularly this is pretty usual. Ha Ha. Anyway, $175 later I was leaving BevMo with my now racked up rewards card.
Anyway, on to the beer. I've had several buddies tell me about Arrogant Bastard. So here we go. On the back of the bottle there it says: "This is an agressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth." blah blah blah. Some other crap about small breweries vs. big breweries and what not. Let me tell you, this damn thing was a lot of work. I poured, or should I say, plopped the beer into a glass and was already concerned. I do like dark beers, but this made Guiness look like Bud Light. It was, strong to say the least. I have to give this 4 mason jars. I was drinking it thinking "When will it end?" My roomate even suggested that I dump it out, but I am dedicated to my task so I completed it, finally. I would not reccomend this beer to the faint of heart.
Haha! Well, it warned you. "This is an aggressive beer...." Guess you're not the arrogant bastard you thought you were, eh?
ReplyDeleteWell, Arrogant, just not a bastard. Or, is that, a bastard but not arrogant? I'm not sure anymore.
ReplyDelete