
Today I got off of work and headed to BevMo to pick up 2 days worth of "Beer of the Day". After I parked I decided I should call my friend Sara. I was supposed to go out of town this weekend to visit her. She recently moved out of town about an hour and a half away. Of course at work today I find out that I have to work the weekend, so I had to reschedule my hotel reservation and give her the bad news. I called her and told her that it would be another week till I was able to come down. So, she asks what I'm doing and I tell her that I'm walking around BevMo trying to find some beer for my blog. She reccommended Xingu. Never heard of that before, so I look and look, the whole time on the phone with her. Finally I broke down and asked and of course the clerk walked me right over to it. I got that and another 6-pack for tommorow and rolled out.
According to the website: Pronounced “shin-goo”. Xingu Black Beer is named after the Xingu River, in the Amazon Rainforest. Inspired on old recipes of Indian beer, Xingu Black Beer is a two-time winner of Beverage Testing Institute’s Gold Medal as the best dark lager in the world. This exceptional beer is a great success in Brazil and in the USA, and consumers are now having a chance do drink it in Australia and England. Xingu Black Beer has a following that ranges from beer critics to fans and consumers alike. Its secret lies in being a beer with a distinguished and delicious taste while at the same time being very easy to drink. From its creation, Xingu Black Beer has been associated with several initiatives for the protection of the Amazon Rainforest, and it is now proud to be supporting the Y Ikatu Xingu organization.”
Now, when Sara told me this was a black beer I had no idea that it was going to be "BLACK"! I mean, I got home and poured one into a glass and it looked like Coca-Cola. I was like "Wow, that really is freaking black." I have to admit that immediately made me a little nervous. Especially after my Arrogant Bastard experience. I was pleasantly surprised when I took a sip and discovered and very smooth flavor. This beer certainly made an excellent first impression which is why it gets 8 Mason Jars. I would not only reccomend trying it but go try and find it.
No comments:
Post a Comment